Verité Research is an independent multi-disciplinary think tank providing strategic analysis and advice to decision-makers and opinion-formers in Asia. We bring academia’s thoughtfulness, business’s professionalism and civil society’s commitment to the greater good together to create a unique value proposition. Our economics, law and politics groups combine deep experience with cutting-edge analysis to transform leaders’ worldview, strategy and negotiations to create a more truthful, just and good world.
Finance & Administrative Assistant
The Finance and Administrative Assistant provides support to a team of researchers performing a variety of standard administrative and financial processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. (S)He shall be responsible for – Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Contract Management functions of the organisation and shall provide Administrative and Project Support.
· Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
· Demonstrate sound judgment and informed decision making.
· Self-development, initiative-taking
· Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
· Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
· Time management skills and ability to achieve deadlines.
Required Skills and Experience
· Member/Passed Finalist of any recognised accounting institution/body.
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
· Knowledge in a computerised accounting packages (eg. Quickbooks, MYOB).
· Experience in liaising with donor/funding agencies
· Fluency in English (oral and written) and Sinhala (oral).
Deadline: 24th November 2015
To obtain more information or to apply for the position, please write/send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manthri.lk Team Leader
We are looking for a proven leader who has all the skills required to drive Manthri.lk, Sri Lanka's pioneering parliamentary monitoring web platform.
The following qualities will be especially important:
§ Desire to be a leader in deepening and consolidating Sri Lankan democracy with an acute sense of what is going on in Sri Lankan politics.
§ Interested in developing innovative ways in which Manthri.lk can disseminate information using a blend of traditional and dynamic media channels.
§ Able to provide a clear vision for the initiative - drive improvement in the accuracy, immediacy and relevance of the synthesized information provided through the platform.
§ Manage a team of 3/4 researchers, keeping them interested and inspired in their core work.
§ Motivation to be the public face of Manthri.lk, which will include providing media interviews, conducting press conferences etc.
§ Committed to building and maintaining revenue streams and financial support for the sustainability of Manthri.lk
§ Capable of innovating and developing knowledge products around the Manthri.lk data and analysis.
To obtain more information or to apply for the position, please write/send your CV and cover letter email@example.com