Verité Research is an independent multi-disciplinary think tank providing strategic analysis and advice to decision-makers and opinion-formers in Asia. We bring academia’s thoughtfulness, business’s professionalism and civil society’s commitment to the greater good together to create a unique value proposition. Our economics, law and politics groups combine deep experience with cutting-edge analysis to transform leaders’ worldview, strategy and negotiations to create a more truthful, just and good world.
This is a full time position for a graduate or undergraduate student to join the communications team at Verité Research. He/she shall be responsible for disseminating Verité Research products, maintaining and updating Verité’s social media platforms, organising social media campaigns and innovating new practices for wider audience reach and better impact.
· Academic level English writing skills
· Basic understanding of social media outlets, practices and marketing
· Professional, organised and detail-oriented
· Familiar with Microsoft Office programs and database programs
· Works well in a team
· Able to multi-task
· Takes initiative
Required Skills and Experience
· Attained or working towards an undergraduate degree in the social sciences or humanities
· Fluency in English (oral and written) and Sinhala OR Tamil (oral)
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Maintaining a variety of communication platforms, from daily updates of social media outlets to reviewing and using databases of contacts
· Overseeing the creation of and personally creating content for podcasts, videos, info-graphics, press releases, social media posts and other creative campaigning
· Assisting in the organising of events
· Coordinating with other teams for deliverables and input
Deadline: 24th January 2016
To obtain more information or to apply for the position, please write/send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance & Administrative Assistant
The Finance and Administrative Assistant provides support to a team of researchers performing a variety of standard administrative and financial processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. (S)He shall be responsible for – Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Contract Management functions of the organisation and shall provide Administrative and Project Support.
· Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
· Demonstrate sound judgment and informed decision making.
· Self-development, initiative-taking
· Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
· Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
· Time management skills and ability to achieve deadlines.
Required Skills and Experience
· Member/Passed Finalist of any recognised accounting institution/body.
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
· Knowledge in a computerised accounting packages (eg. Quickbooks, MYOB).
· Experience in liaising with donor/funding agencies
· Fluency in English (oral and written) and Sinhala (oral).
Deadline: 4th January 2016
To obtain more information or to apply for the position, please write/send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Manthri.lk Team Leader
We are looking for a proven leader who has all the skills required to drive Manthri.lk, Sri Lanka's pioneering parliamentary monitoring web platform.
The following qualities will be especially important:
§ Desire to be a leader in deepening and consolidating Sri Lankan democracy with an acute sense of what is going on in Sri Lankan politics.
§ Interested in developing innovative ways in which Manthri.lk can disseminate information using a blend of traditional and dynamic media channels.
§ Able to provide a clear vision for the initiative - drive improvement in the accuracy, immediacy and relevance of the synthesized information provided through the platform.
§ Manage a team of 3/4 researchers, keeping them interested and inspired in their core work.
§ Motivation to be the public face of Manthri.lk, which will include providing media interviews, conducting press conferences etc.
§ Committed to building and maintaining revenue streams and financial support for the sustainability of Manthri.lk
§ Capable of innovating and developing knowledge products around the Manthri.lk data and analysis.
To obtain more information or to apply for the position, please write/send your CV and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org