Our Economics team offers its researchers the opportunity to build their network and enhance their knowledge on a range of exciting topics. Candidates are expected to be enthusiastic learners and keep themselves abreast of economic developments in the country and the world.
Candidates are expected to have excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task, be good team-players, be curious and motivated to produce outstanding research, and have a proactive, positive attitude.
- Provide support to the team leader and senior management in developing proposals, preparing for public discussions, managing clients and partners and developing team strategy
- Learn, develop and apply ideas, concepts, and methodologies to ongoing research
- Manage research assignments from inception to delivery of the final output
- Provide review and editorial support for the team’s research outputs
- Collect, curate and analyse datasets on a range of economic variables and indicators
- Prepare presentations and policy briefs for internal and external audiences
- Provide research direction and mentor junior staff
- Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree in Economics or a relevant field in the Social Sciences, with at least a second class upper from a recognised local or international university.
- At least 2 years of work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Fluency in English, Sinhala and/or Tamil
- Good writing skills
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with clients
- Proficiency in quantitative and/or qualitative coding software such as STATA, R or SPSS will be an added advantage