Verité Research is a private think tank based in Colombo that conducts research in Economics, Politics, Law and Media.
At Verité Research, we offer our staff an interdisciplinary research environment and direct exposure to the work and management of the organisation.
3 reasons you should apply to Verité Research:
- You will sharpen your skills in research, writing, communication, and critical thinking
- You will be mentored by a dynamic group of experts from the fields of Economics, Law and Media
- You will be a part of an interdisciplinary work environment and be exposed to work from across the organisation
In this role, you will:
- Read the daily Tamil Print Media and provide an analysis in English, on how the Tamil media discusses issues and;
- Contribute towards the development of the ‘Gap Analysis’ featured in The Media Analysis.
What we require:
- Education: First Class or Second Upper degree in Politics, Journalism/Media related studies, Sociology, International Relations. Individuals with degrees in Humanities or Social Sciences or History are encouraged to apply; Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Work experience: Three or more years work experience in Research, Communications, Journalism, and/or similar sectors.
- Skills: Exceptional writing skills in English and the ability to read and analyse content in Tamil. Ability to frame and present compelling analysis in a succinct and precise manner. Interest and thorough understanding of Sri Lankan media and politics. Ability to work under pressure and deliver on time.
- Language: Full professional proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English is required. Professional working proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking in Tamil. (Language skills will be assessed at shortlisting stage)
To apply, please fill out the application form found over here. Please note, only applications meeting all requirements will be considered.
For more information please contact email@example.com