Our Economics team offers its researchers the opportunity to build their network and enhance their knowledge on a range of exciting topics. Candidates are expected to be enthusiastic learners and keep themselves abreast of economic developments in the country and the world.
Candidates are expected to be good team-players, be curious and motivated to produce outstanding research, and have a proactive, positive attitude.
- Provide research support to senior staff, including literature reviews, note-taking and administrative tasks
- Collect, curate and analyse datasets on a range of economic variables and indicators
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and field research
- Assist in relevant field research conducted by the team
- Contribute to analysis and development of research methodologies
- Manage research assignments from inception to delivery of final output
- Prepare presentations and policy briefs for internal and external audiences
- Assist in the dissemination of research findings
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or a relevant field in the Social Sciences, with at least a second class upper from a recognized local or international university. A Master’s degree or 2 years of work experience would be an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Fluency in English, Sinhala and/or Tamil
- Good writing skills
- Proficiency in quantitative and/or qualitative coding software such as STATA, R or SPSS will be an added advantage