Assistant Analyst (AA) – Vacancy
Verité Research is a private think tank based in Colombo that conducts research in Economics, Politics, Law and Media.
At Verité Research, we offer our staff an interdisciplinary research environment and direct exposure to the work and management of the organisation.
We are looking to hire an Assistant Analyst to join our Media Research Team
Here are three reasons you should apply to Verité Research:
- You will enhance skills in research, writing, communication and critical thinking;
- You will be mentored by a dynamic group of experts from the fields of Economics, Law, Politics and Media and;
- Within the Media Research Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to ground-breaking research initiatives in areas of Sri Lanka’s socio-political affairs, media polarisation, ethical compliance, and factchecking high-level decisionmakers. See some of our key Media Team initiatives: Media Ownership Monitor Sri Lanka, Ethics Eye, FactCheck.lk, The Media Analysis.
In this role, you will:
- Produce higher order socio-political analysis using both quantitative and qualitative data;
- Design and develop methodologies for new research initiatives;
- Explore possibilities to expand the organisation’s core research areas;
- Manage and provide research guidance to teams working on assignments or products assigned to you in consultation with the organisation and;
- Assist with securing potential research opportunities by developing concept notes/ proposals.
What we require:
- Education: First Class or Second Upper degree in Humanities or Social Sciences. Individuals with degrees in Politics, Journalism/Media related studies, Sociology, International Relations or History are encouraged to apply;
- Work experience: Minimum of two-three years’ work experience in Socio – Political Research, Journalism or Communications and/or similar sectors; experience should include leading/guiding a small team or research initiative;
- Skills: Exceptional writing skills in English and the ability to read and analyse content in Sinhala or Tamil. Interest in Sri Lankan media and politics. Ability to present compelling analysis in a succinct and precise manner. Ability to work under pressure and deliver on time and;
- Language Proficiency: Full professional proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English is required. Professional working proficiency in reading, writing and speaking Sinhala and/ or Tamil.
To apply, please fill out the application form found at https://forms.gle/tv9s7Jw4tnXCQcyV8 Please note, only applications meeting all requirements will be considered. For more information please contact email@example.com
Deadline: 15 September 2020