Verité Research is a private think tank based in Colombo that conducts research in Economics, Politics, Law and Media.
At Verité Research, we offer our staff an interdisciplinary research environment and direct exposure to the work and management of the organisation.
We are looking to hire a Bilingual Research Assistant to join our Media Research Team
Here are three reasons you should apply to Verité Research:
- You will sharpen your skills in research, writing, communication, and critical thinking.
- You will be mentored by a dynamic group of experts from the fields of Economics, Law, Politics, and Media.
- You will be part of an interdisciplinary work environment and be exposed to work from across the organization.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in producing socio-political analysis;
- Collect research on data for qualitative and quantitative analysis;
- Be involved in media monitory;
- Manage ongoing assignments and projects as required;
- Provide support with media products, platforms, and research work.
What we require:
- Education: Degree in Social Sciences, International Relations or in a related field – 1st Class or 2nd Upper;
- Work Experience: Minimum of one-year work experience in Research, Communications, Journalism and/or similar sectors
- Skills: Exceptional writing skills in English, ability to read and analyse Sinhala or Tamil press, interest in Sri Lanka media and politics, collecting and analysing data, managing databases, attention to detail, critical thinking and time management. Prior experiences in managing social media platforms will be an added advantage.
- Language: Fluency in English and in Sinhala or Tamil
To apply please fill out the application form found here. Please note that only applications meeting all requirements will be considered.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com