Verité Research is looking to hire a Junior Accounts Executive to join our Finance Team.
Verité Research is a private think tank based in Colombo that conducts research in Economics, Politics, Law and Media. At Verité Research, we offer our staff an interdisciplinary research environment and direct exposure to the work and management of the organisation.
In this role you will:
- Prepare monthly financial accounts
- Administer Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledger functions of the organization.
- Assist in performing other duties related to accounts such as petty cash payments, banking and audits.
- Assist in coordination and preparation for external audits and filing of tax returns.
- Ensure proper maintenance of accounting records and documentation in compliance with statutory requirements and organisational policies.
What we require:
- Education: Following a professional qualification in accounting, preferably ACCA, CIMA, CA or AAT.
- Work Experience: Minimum of six months of work experience. Experience in a similar capacity will be an added advantage.
- Skills: Basic knowledge in accounting systems, excellent analytical skills, high level of personal integrity and ability to work under pressure.
- Language proficiency: Working proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English is required. Working proficiency in reading, writing and speaking Sinhala or Tamil is an added advantage.
Please note that only applications meeting all requirements will be considered. Please send in your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and clearly mention the post applied for: Junior Accounts Executive in the subject line.
Deadline: 20th October 2021.