Verité Research is a private think tank based in Colombo that conducts research in Economics, Politics, Law and Media.
At Verité Research, we offer our staff an interdisciplinary research environment and direct exposure to the work and management of the organisation.
We are looking to hire a Research Assistant to join our Media Research Team
Here are three reasons you should apply to Verité Research:
- You will develop skills in research, writing, communication and critical thinking;
- You will be mentored by a dynamic group of experts from the fields of Economics, Law, Politics and Media and;
- You will be a part of an interdisciplinary work environment and be exposed to work from across the organisation.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in producing socio-political analysis;
- Collect and research on data for qualitative and quantitative analysis;
- Be involved in media monitoring;
- Manage certain ongoing assignments as required and;
- Provide research support with media products, platforms, and research work.
What we require:
- Education: Degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, or in a related field – 1st Class or 2nd Upper;
- Work experience: Minimum of one-year work experience in Research, Communications, Journalism and/or similar sectors;
- Skills: Exceptional writing skills in English, ability to read and analyse Sinhala or Tamil press, interest in Sri Lankan media and politics, collect and analyse data, manage databases, attention to detail, critical thinking and time management. Prior experience in managing social media platforms will be an added advantage and;
- Languages: Fluency in English and Sinhala or Tamil.