Verité Research is a private think tank based in Colombo that conducts research in Economics, Politics, Law and Media.
At Verité Research, we offer our staff an interdisciplinary research environment and direct exposure to the work and management of the organisation.
We are looking to hire a Senior Research Analyst to join our Economics Research Team in the areas of Public Finance and Socio-economics.
Verité follows a hybrid work structure where employees can work remotely or from the office, as needed. This is based on demands of specific tasks and roles. Working from the office is encouraged when working on tasks that require a high degree of collaboration.
3 reasons you should apply to Verité Research:
- You will sharpen your skills in research, writing, communication, and critical thinking.
- You will be mentored by a dynamic group of experts from the fields of Economics, Law, and Media.
- You will be a part of an interdisciplinary work environment and be exposed to work from across the organisation.
In this role, you will:
- Provide research leadership to the team by guiding and giving input on research activities and producing cutting edge analysis.
- Interpret and present data analysis through research communications, such as written reports and presentations.
- Lead and manage a team of researchers and research processes to successfully deliver results through their engagement.
- Engage in proposal writing and build demand for the outputs of the Research and Advisory Practices and other products and services of the organisation.
- Lead quantitative and statistical research initiatives for the organisation.
What we require:
- Education: Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Sociology or another related field. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience of five or more years will also be considered.
- Work experience: 3-4 years experience in research analysis in the field of public finance, socioeconomics, data analysis, report writing, or project and client management.
- Skills: Exceptional writing skill in English and the ability to read and analyse content in Sinhala and/or Tamil. Ability to present compelling analysis in a succinct and precise manner. Ability to work under pressure and deliver on time.
- Language Proficiency : Full professional working proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English is required. Professional working proficiency in reading, writing and speaking Sinhala and/or Tamil.
To apply: Please send in your CV to email@example.com
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.