Verité Research is looking to hire an Assistant Manager to join our Economics Team!
Verité Research is a private think tank in Colombo that conducts research in Economics, Politics, Law and Media.
At Verité Research, we offer our staff an interdisciplinary research environment and direct exposure to the work and management of the organisation.
3 reasons you should apply to Verité:
- You will sharpen your skills in project management, research, communication and critical thinking.
- You will be mentored by a dynamic group of experts from the fields of Economics, Law and Media.
- You will be part of an interdisciplinary work environment and be exposed to work from across the origanisation.
In this role, you will:
Be responsible for planning, executive, monitoring, and closing assignments/projects. You will be accountable for managing the assignment scope, team, resources and the success of the assignment. This role will include:
- Ensuring that assignments run smoothly and monitoring timely delivery via project dashboards
- In some instances, leading assignments and assuming complete accountability for quality delivery and successful closure of projects.
- Assisting in the overall management of assignments of the Economics Research Team including guiding and grooming junior team members.
- Developing and executing processes which assist the research teams to deliver.
- Communicating effectively, problem-solving and providing time solutions proactively.
What we require:
- First Class or Second Upper degree in any field.
- A degree in Commerce, Business Management will be an added advantage and asset.
- Work Experience:
- 2 to 3 years of work experience
- Experience working in the management field will be an added advantage
- Ability to coordinate and provide leadership/direction
- Conflict resolution
- Manage dashboards
- Project planning and forecasting
- Full professional proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English is required.
- Professional working proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking Sinhala.
- Language skills will be assessed at the time of shortlisting.
- Send in your CV, cover letter and a writing sample to email@example.com
- Please mention the position applied for clearly in the subject line of the email.