Verité Research is looking to hire a Legal and Policy Researcher to join our Legal Research Practice.
Verité Research is a private think tank in Colombo that conducts research in Economics, Politics, Law and Media.
At Verité Research, we offer our staff an interdisciplinary research environment and direct exposure to the work and management of the organisation.
Verité follows a hybrid work structure where employees can work remotely or from the office, as needed. This is based on demands of specific tasks and roles. Working from the office is encouraged when working on tasks that require a high degree of collaboration.
3 reasons you should apply to Verité:
- You will develop skills in conducting in-depth legal research, excellent communication and critical thinking
- You will be mentored by a dynamic group of experts from the fields of Law, Economics, and Media and will develop subject-specific knowledge across these areas
- You will be part of an interdisciplinary work environment, be exposed to work from across the organization and contribute to Verité’s research publications.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure assignments run smoothly and monitor timely delivery via assignment dashboards
- Lead assignments and assume accountability for quality delivery and successful closure of assignments.
- Develop and execute processes which assist the research team in delivering assignments.
- Contribute in conducting legal research for assignments.
- Guide and groom a team of junior members.
What we require:
- A degree in Law, or;
- A degree in Commerce, Business Management
- First or Second Class (Upper Division) LLB degree will be an added advantage in the application
- A Minimum of 2 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the legal and justice system in Sri Lanka.
- Experience in project management will be an added advantage.
- Ability to coordinate and provide leadership & direction.
- Conflict resolution
- Assignment tracking, organisational skills and dashboard management
- Project planning and forecasting.
- Full professional proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English is required.
- Professional working proficiency speaking, reading and writing Sinhala.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking Tamil would be a a strong additional advantage.
- CV with three non-related references from the most recent academic and professional experiences where applicable.
- Cover letter indicating why you are interested in working at Verité Research and within the Legal Research Practice in particular.
- Unedited writing sample of approximately 800-1000 words in English (if co-authored please indicate as such)
Please fill out the application form by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Please note that only applications meeting all the requirements will be considered
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org