Verité Research is looking to hire an Economic Policy Researcher to join the Economic Research Team.
Verité Research is a private think tank in Colombo that conducts research in Economics, Politics, Law and Media.
At Verité Research, we offer our staff an interdisciplinary research environment and direct exposure to the work and management of the organisation.
3 reasons you should apply to Verité Research:
- You will sharpen your skills in research, writing, communication and critical thinking
- You will be mentored by a dynamic group of experts from the fields of Economics, Law and Media
- You will be a part of an interdisciplinary work environment and be exposed to work from across the organisation
In this role, you will:
- Provide research support to senior staff
- Conduct literature reviews of relevant academic papers, policy reports and government policy documents
- Analyze, manage and create datasets on a range of economic variables and indicators
- Collate and curate data and information from a range of sources such as Department of Census and Statistics, Government departments and Ministries, public and private business, academics and policy experts
- Contribute to analysis and development of research methodologies
- Organize, manage and coordinate logistics around meetings and field research
What we require:
- Education: First Class or Second Upper Degrees in Economics, Commerce or Business Management.
- Work experience: Minimum of six months to one year work experience.
- Skills: Exceptional writing skills in English and the ability to read and analyze content in Sinhala or Tamil. Ability to critically think and analyze data. Ability to deliver on time under pressure. Proficiency in quantitative and/or qualitative coding software such as STATA, R or SPSS is an added advantage
Please fill out the application form found at https://forms.gle/EmcERRsMDTzJRBTw9
Please note, only applications meeting all requirements will be considered.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline : 10th May 2022