We are seeking to hire a PROJECT MANAGER – ECONOMIC RESEARCH to join our research team with immediate effect. We are looking for like-minded candidates aligned with our core values and purpose, capable of original and innovative thinking, and willing to take a pro-active role in different areas of our organisation.
About Verité Research
Verité Research is a private, interdisciplinary think tank based in Colombo, conducting leading-edge research in economics, politics, law, and media. Our research teams cross-fertilize and improve each other’s insights, providing a powerful lens into Sri Lanka’s complex politico-economic environment. Verite seeks to enhance critical discourse and influence decision-makers and the public through relevant, credible information, analysis, and solutions.
Why Verité Research?
At Verité Research our work makes a difference. We consistently aim to bring about real change through transformative research and are guided by our core values: professionalism, ethics, curiosity, supportiveness, and humility. By joining our research team, you will be pushed intellectually and have the opportunity to enhance your skills in critical thinking, analysis, writing, and communication. You will be an integral part of an interdisciplinary work environment and have a real, on the ground influence on public policy through rigorous research. You will also be mentored by a leading and dynamic group of experts in economics, politics, law, and media.
The proposed project involves conducting research to map and unpack Sri Lanka’s care economy, with the goal of placing it on the policy agenda. The proposed research approach is to engage in a large data collecting exercise to gather data, produce evidence and develop tools to better understand the nature of care infrastructure and the social landscape of care in Sri Lanka.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Establish and maintain processes for managing scope during the project lifecycle, setting quality and performance standards and assessing risks
- Structure and manage integrated, multitrack performance databases/dashboards for assignments
- Develop and maintain partnerships with third-party resources, including vendors and researchers
- Assign and monitor resources to ensure project efficiency and maximize deliverables
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels and escalate issues, as necessary, according to project work plan
- Build and develop the Research Team(s) to ensure maximum performance, by providing purpose, direction, and motivation.
- Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure that projects/assignments adhere to scope, schedule, and budget.
- Analyze project/assignment status and, when necessary, revise the scope, schedule, or budget to ensure that project/assignment requirements can be met.
What we require:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, International Development, Social Sciences or related field. Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Experience: Minimum 3-4 years of Project Management experience and proven track record in managing high valued projects. Experience in economics research, communications and advocacy will be an added advantage.
- Skills and knowledge: Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Sinhala/Tamil, Excellent presentation skills, Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines, Proven success working with all levels of management.
Verité is an equal opportunity employer. As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get a better understanding of our future employees. To apply for this position, please send in your CV, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com. Please note that only applications meeting all the qualifications set out above will be considered.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org