Verité Research is looking to hire a Digital Media Executive to join our Communications Team.
Verité Research is a private think tank in Colombo that conducts research in Economics, Politics, Law and Media.
At Verité Research, we offer our staff an interdisciplinary research environment and direct exposure to the work and management of the organisation.
Verité follows a hybrid work structure where employees can work remotely or from the office, as needed. This is based on demands of specific tasks and roles. Working from the office is encouraged when working on tasks that require a high degree of collaboration.
In this role, you will:
- Creating content for existing communications channels and being innovative and creative therein
- Research on new communication practices for outputs to elevate audience reach and interaction
- Managing social media communications
- Daily processes including social media content for TMA, Manthri.lk, website updates, Google searches, Google alerts and staff updates
- Manage and improve quality and consistency of Verité’s use of Social Media
- Following up on publication of Verité articles, reports
- Assist in re-packaging research from teams into forms that suit different media, such as tweets, infographics, podcast scripts, radio scripts, articles etc.
- Disseminating said information through mailing lists, social media etc.
- Assistance in event logistics, e.g. invitations, coordinating with invitees etc.
- Assist in Social media publicity for events e.g. live-tweeting
- Updating mailing list and other communications databases
- Assist in writing press releases for Verité’s external events
- Assist in producing background information, brochures, and success stories to inform media and the general public about Verité’s activities
What we require:
- Education: Degrees in Management, Marketing or any other related field. A qualification in Digital Marketing would be an added advantage (APIDM).
- Work Experience: Minimum of six months to one year work experience would be an added advantage.
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking.
- Perfect knowledge of web analytics tools.
- Skills and experience in creative content writing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices.
- Full professional proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English is required.
- Professional working proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking Sinhala or Tamil
- Language skills will be assessed at the time of short listing.
To apply: Send in your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.