Verité Research is looking to hire a Research Assistant to join our Media Research Team.
Verité Research is a private think tank based in Colombo that conducts research in Economics, Politics, Law and Media. At Verité Research, we offer our staff an interdisciplinary research environment and direct exposure to the work and management of the organisation.
Three reasons you should apply:
- You will enhance your skills in research, writing, communication and critical thinking.
- You will be mentored by a dynamic group of experts from the fields of Media, Economics, Law and Politics.
- Within the Media Research Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking research initiatives in areas of Sri Lanka’s socio-political affairs, media polarisation, ethical compliance, and fact-check high-level decision makers.
In this role, you will:
- Design and develop methodologies for new research initiatives to collect data.
- Conduct research for qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Analyse and write concise analytical briefs on socio-political issues in the country through a Sri Lankan media lens.
- Support internal brainstorm meetings by conducting prior background research, drafting talking points and proactively presenting ideas in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Manage and provide research guidance to teams working on assignments or products assigned to you in consultation with the organisation.
- Provide administrative support as required
- Assist with securing potential research opportunities by developing concept notes and proposals
What we require:
- Education: First Class or Second Upper degree in the Humanities or Social Sciences. Degrees in Politics, Journalism/Media-related studies, Sociology, International Relations, History will be an advantage.
- Work Experience:
- A minimum of one year work experience in research, communications, journalism or similar sectors
- Experience in leading and/or guiding a small team or research initiative would be an added advantage
- Keen interest in Sri Lankan media and socio-political landscape.
- Exception writing skills in English and the ability to read and analyse content in Sinhala or Tamil
- Ability to present compelling analysis clearly for a general audience
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to complete tasks in timely and efficient manner.
- Create and support an environment which fosters teamwork and cooperation.
- Willingness to take an ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities.
- Language Proficiency:
- Full professional proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English is a required.
- Professional working proficiency in reading, writing and speaking Sinhala and/or Tamil.
- Click the button below to fill and submit the application (via Google Forms)
- Attach your CV, cover letter and recent writing sample to the Google Form.
- Please note that only applications meeting all requirements will be considered.
You may email us at email@example.com for any further inquiries regarding your application. If inquiring about a specific vacancy, please include the name of the vacancy clearly within the subject line.